Reasons to Support Us
The following points are considered to be ‘planning issues’…
Retail / Employment:
- Up to 40 new retail jobs will be created for local residents at a difficult time for the national economy;
- A lack of discount food retailers within Rainham means that the proposal would improve choice and promote competition with up to 30% cost savings;
- The proposed mixed use development would re-vitalise a brownfield site;
- The new Lidl store is will attract more investment into Rainham.
- Contemporary foodstore building with a mixture of materials that are in-keeping with the local area;
- The proposed design responds to the site’s context and surrounding built environment.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions;
- Customer cycle bays are positioned close to the store entrance to provide sustainable trips. In addition a bus stop is located close to the site.