How to Support Us
If you are keen to see a new Lidl foodstore in Rainham, please show your support for the proposed Lidl application in 3 ways:
- Visit: our survey site and complete the short survey.
- Write a support letter or send a support email, and send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors.
- Submit a formal support comment directly to the Havering’s planning website by following this link to the Lidl application.
The online petition will demonstrate the overall level of support for the Lidl application. However, personal letters/emails/phone calls of support will carry significantly more weight. To give the Lidl application the best chance of success, please help us by voicing your support.
Letters or emails need not be long, but should concentrate on ‘planning issues’ to be the most effective. Example ‘planning issues’ are outlined on the Reasons To Support Us page
Please write to us and (if possible) send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors (addresses and contact details can be found via the Councillor Contacts link):
- Planning Department, London Borough of Havering. c/o Lidl London North East Property Office,1st floor, 807-826 Longbridge road, Dagenham, RM8 2DB. The letter heading should read: “Proposed Lidl Foodstore – 5 Rainham Road, Rainham, RM13 8SP”.
- Email us at lidl.Rainham@lidl.co.uk and (if possible) cc and/or telephone your local Councillors. The subject should be “Proposed Lidl Foodstore – 5 Rainham Road, Rainham, RM13 8SP”.
If you do not support our draft proposals you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments that you wish to make.